Friday, March 25, 2011

A sign I made for our house fellowship co-ordinators

Hi everyone, I hope you are all looking forward to a fabulous weekend.  I know I am.  Although it is still cold here in OHIO, it should be pretty outside.

The project I am sharing with you today is a poster that I made for a special family.  Dan and Mary have been our household fellowship leaders( Bible study group) for 25 years and have decided to retire from it.  They have held out study group in their own how 2 times a week for  a very long time.  We are having a really nice party for them on Tuesday.
The group decided to make it a spring theme and so here is the beautiful sign I made. 
 I used all of my pastel scraps and did a collage or patchwork kind of look to it.  I used all different sizes of paper and different patterns. 
 I glues all of the pieces down with Mod Podge.  After I was done I added a layer of glitter Mod Podge.  After that Layer I added a hardener Layer.
I decorated it with mini flowers some button flowers, ribbon and those cute butterflies I got form Oriental Trading Company.  It really turned out better than I thought it would.  I am so pleased with it. :D

 The letters are welded together with my gypsy using the cursive font. :D  I ♥ MY GYPSY













HUGS AND BLESSINGS
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Meighen, This turned out Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful I love the pretty papers you used very nice Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so very much to all of you for leaving a comment. Your comments keep me inspired.