Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Going Away Gift for a Friend

It is always sad to see a friend move away and all you can do is wish them a safe trip.  I decided to make something special for our friend so that she can  remember us all and take a part of us with her.  She belongs to our house hold fellowship and is a big part of it.  All of us have been praying for her in regards to her career and her brake finally came.  A prayer answered for her. YAY She will be moving to Florida from Ohio.  A huge move for her but we will always keep her in our hearts and prayers and wish her well when we talk to her.  We will miss you Bethany. This decoration will be given to her on Sunday.  That will be the last time we see her.

 I used the 2 x 2 chipboard for this project and used DCWV paper.  I distresses the edges with ink and added the letters along with the pearls.  Then I covered it all with Sparkle Mod Podge (let dry). Hardener Mod Podge (let dry) and a Matte Finish Mod Podge and (let dry).
I folded each square on top of each other using ribbon and hot glue.
The letters and the butterflies are from the Storybook Cartridge.  The letters are cut at 1 1/2 inches and the butterflies is cut at 3 inches.

I distressed the butterflies with ink and covered it with a crackle liquid.  I hot glued those down.
Last I punched 2 holes  and added some gold eyelets to the project and ran some ribbon through so that you can hang it up where ever you like. 

This was an all day project just because I had to let stuff dry.  lol
Other wise very simple.

 Her you can see the crackle on the butterfly.












You can see here how I stacked them.  I also covered the back with a strip of paper so that it would add more stability.












I hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it.  Remember to find inspiration ion everyhing.

HUGS,
Photobucket












4 comments:

  1. that is very nice idea thaks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty design. Storybook is one of my favorite cartridges.

    Thanks for sharing
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful gift, I am sure your friend will love it and it will be a lovely reminder of your family.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so very much to all of you for leaving a comment. Your comments keep me inspired.